Method Community

Not Started Items Marked As Completed

Last post 10-15-2014 3:38 PM by Method_Inderdeep. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-14-2014 11:32 AM

• giseburt
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-06-2014
    • Illinois, USA
    • Posts 12

Not Started Items Marked As Completed

Good Day!

I am wondering whether I am doing something wrong.

I am creating activities for a future date.  The activities have an Activity Status of Not Started.  I save the activity.  I am not using Save and Complete.

When I look at the activity, it has a completion date and a negative duration.

When I do Save and Complete the activity, the completion date and duration are not updated.

If the activity is Not Started, shouldn't the completion date be blank and the duration also be blank (zero)?

When the activity is completed, shouldn't the completion date and duration be updated?

Jim

• 10-14-2014 4:11 PM In reply to

Re: Not Started Items Marked As Completed

Hello giseburt,

Here's my answer. I tried to replicate the issue on my end and it is working fine. There was no negative duration and Activity staus was not completed. Can you please provide me the full screen shot so I can look into that.

-Inder

• 10-15-2014 9:55 AM In reply to

• giseburt
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-06-2014
    • Illinois, USA
    • Posts 12

Inder,

I need to clarify my earlier post.  If I create an activity from the Activities tab, all is fine.  However, if I create a future activity within a case, then a completion date and negative duration appear when the activity is saved.

Create Future Activity from Case:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxn1sl6RSL3lNURsZHc5dVBJSmM&authuser=0

Future Activity from Case:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxn1sl6RSL3lQ1J4Rk9rNV9aZFU&authuser=0

Jim

• 10-15-2014 12:45 PM In reply to

Hello Jim,

Here's my answer. First of all Duration is displayed in "minutes" and as you mentioned that activity you set is a future activity that is why the negative duration represent the minutes left to do the Activity. For eg. if it is showing -60 under duration column it means you have an activity due in 60 minutes as it is a future activity. If the minutes are in positive, that represent the amount of time spent on completeing that activity. Now coming back to the second question, it is showing date under Completed column displays the last activity stamp related to date activity, but if you look at the actual activity status it is "Not Started", it is the date & time stamp which shows when the activity was last modified.

I hope this helps!

-Inder

• 10-15-2014 1:43 PM In reply to

• giseburt
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-06-2014
    • Illinois, USA
    • Posts 12

Inder,

I do understand your answer.

However, shouldn't the system function the same way when creating activities regardless of where I create them (Activities vs Cases)?  If I create a future activity via the Activities tab, the activity does not show a Completed Date or Duration.  However, when I do so via the Cases tab, the activity does show a Completed Date and Duration.  This is not consistent.

Jim

• 10-15-2014 2:02 PM In reply to

Hello Jim,

Here's my answer. If you want to create a future activity for the case you should use Schedule a Follow-up option. Let me explain in this way when you create a case on the basis of imcoming call, email etc, you create a activity for that. Since that activity(call, email etc) is already completed you do not set a future date for that activity, instead of that you can set up a follow up activity which would not have duration and completed time. The Initial activity should be completed as it is an activity of creating the case.

Herewith also attaching a link to video tutorial on Cases, which also explains the basic workflow for cases.

-Inder

• 10-15-2014 2:14 PM In reply to

• giseburt
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-06-2014
    • Illinois, USA
    • Posts 12

Inder,

My main issue with scheduling follow-up activities using the Schedule a Follow-up option is this:  I cannot specify different comments for the follow-up.

For example, I complete an activity for a customer regarding Task A.  This activity leads to a follow-up activity of Task B.  Using Schedule a Follow-up, I do not see a way to note comments regarding Task B when creating the activity.  The existing comments are for Task A.

Am I missing something?

Jim

• 10-15-2014 3:38 PM In reply to

Hello Jim,

No, you are not missing anything. This is how the stock screen is configured where it does not allow you to add any comments in the follow up section. The reason behind this is once you set up the follow up, and if you click on the follow up activity, you can see the previous notes of the existing activities. Here is the link to the similar forum post, explains why we do not offer the comments section under Follow-up activity section on stock screens. With tha being said, you can definitely customize your screen and make it to work according to your need.

I hope this helps!

-Inder

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)