Method Community

CompanyName only allowed 50 Characters???

Last post 02-01-2015 5:45 PM by fran. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-10-2014 5:06 PM

CompanyName only allowed 50 Characters???

I have tried to sidestep this by making it a custom field and increasing the text value to 250, but this is not allowed and produces another error

Import - Step 3: Validation
    Help |  Menu

Integration Tools menu >> Import / Export menu >> Prepare Data >> Validation 
    ERROR:Value AECON INDUSTRIAL DIV OF AECON CONSTRUCTION GROUP INC. , which you tried to insert into column CompanyName was longer than maximum allowed length of 50.

Also, the data i export from previous CRM has Full Name in one column, first and last are not separated. Not sure how i can accomodate the standard requirement for "first name" and "name" columns on the Method import rules. 

• 01-06-2015 11:51 AM In reply to

Re: CompanyName only allowed 50 Characters???

Hi. Unfortunately the maxium length for customer name is 50 characters. Part of this is due to limitations imposed by the QuickBooks API. 

Thanks
    Chris 

• 02-01-2015 5:45 PM In reply to

• fran
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-08-2009
    • Mountain View
    • Posts 453

Re: CompanyName only allowed 50 Characters???

mackermagoo,

Yes importing is just fun.  You can Split Name field in Excel....

(Assume FullName is column a, Firstname is B and lastname is C

Firstname:   iferror(left(A1,find(" ",a1)) ,a1)   If fullname does not have any space then enter in full name othrwise  find the first space and grab all of the letters before it.

Lastname:  right(a1,len(a1)-len(b1))   (If you have a middle name, it will fallin last name)

Hope thats helps... Fran

Fran Reed
    FreedUp Solutions
    Intuit Solution Provider
    Advanced Certified Quickbooks ProAdvisor
    Advanced Method Solution Provider
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)