Method Community

New Activity, Leaving contact field blank but still populating

Last post 07-22-2015 9:54 AM by Method_Morty. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-17-2015 12:57 PM

New Activity, Leaving contact field blank but still populating

When we are creating a new activity and choose to leave the contact field blank since it is not a mandatory field, once it is saved and we look at the grid it has populated it with a contact from the company. How can I make it so that when we leave the field blank, it doesn't auto populate after we save?

Conner

• 07-17-2015 2:47 PM In reply to

Re: New Activity, Leaving contact field blank but still populating

Hey Conner,

Are you creating the Activity from the EditCustomer screen?

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 07-17-2015 2:56 PM In reply to

Yes from the EditCustomer screen.]

Conner

• 07-17-2015 3:38 PM In reply to

Hey Conner,

The most efficient solution for that would be to utilize the Clear/New option under 'More...' 

That will clear the reference point from the prior EditCustomer screen. Just clearing out the dropdown for Contact will not remove the RecordID it's pointing to.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 07-20-2015 11:28 AM In reply to

Hey Mortaza,

The problem with doing it this way is that it no longer associates the activity to a specfic customer and can only be found in the general activites list.
    I have also noticed that in the new activity screen it will populate the contact field with the first contact available for the customer, but if you choose the dropdown to select a different contact, it shows a list of all contacts from all customers. Can I just apply a filter to this field so that the dropdown only shows the contacts for the specific customer that I am working on?

Thanks,

Conner

• 07-22-2015 9:54 AM In reply to

Hey Conner,

You can definitely do that. 

Customize the New Activity screen (popup from EditCustomer) and move to step 5 of the Contact dropdown. Add a Filter:

Remember to keep the Activites > New Activity stock and only relink the New Activity from EditCustomer screen to the customized New Activity screen.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)