Method Community

Customers/leads not appearing in grid search when searching for tags

Last post 10-22-2015 9:26 AM by Method_Morty. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-13-2015 2:50 PM

Customers/leads not appearing in grid search when searching for tags

When conducting a search in the Lead or Customer grid using the "Tags" column header search box, it does not find all of the records that contain a particular tag.

I understand that having a second filter applied could cause the issue, so I am entering only a search for that tag and applied no other filters. When I choose the "Shared Lead Contacts" Filter by View option and apply no search, I can scroll through the list and see that multiple records contain this particular tag. I then type the tag in to the search box, exactly as it is spelled, hit enter, and of the dozens of records that have the tag, only 2 appear. One has only that tag, the other has multiple tags.

1) What am I missing? There must be some way to reliably search for and display contacts that have a particular tag assigned.

2) The search is very unforgiving, as it does not appear to allow partial term entry to find the tag. It seems odd that the software would require a user to know the exact spelling of a tag when something as simple as a drop-down list of acceptable values or an auto-complete search would overcome this. Is this feature not requested by other users? Are there any plans to add it?

As always, thanks for any help.

• 10-14-2015 11:29 AM In reply to

Re: Customers/leads not appearing in grid search when searching for tags

Hey Jason,

On my end they seem to be filtering correctly. For testing purposes I setup a Filter by TagList to test. You can do that on your end by:

In my example I am using a TextInput value on Screen titled 'TAG'

Do your Tags have special characters by any change? Or spaces?

Also in regards to the search accepting partial terms, it depends on what the Grid is Filtered by. In my above example I have it explicit set to 'Equal to' you do have other options:

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 10-14-2015 12:14 PM In reply to

Also Jason wanted to add: 

Export your Contacts table and check the TagList formatting. Make sure it is formatted correctly. I have seen cases where the formatted was changed during customization or an import.

Please look at our Help Center article on TagList to see how the formatting should look.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 10-21-2015 4:13 PM In reply to

Turns out I needed to do some more reading. I had not visited the page on Tags - I only looked at the help page on importing/exporting. So I had not seen the note at the bottom of the Tags page with required formatting. I re-did the import with proper formatting and the tags now come up in the search. Interestingly, the original format still put some semblance of a tag in the field, since it displayed the tag in the grid when I did not search for it using the column search box.

Regarding grid filters, if I'm understanding correctly, setting one up only allows for filtering using the "Filter by View" drop-down, correct? My issue is with the *search box* above the Tags column. Other search boxes in these grids have a drop-down arrow to change the search parameters, but Tags does not. I can't see where I am able to change that.

Thanks.

• 10-22-2015 9:26 AM In reply to

Hi Jason,

The reason for that is because Tags is the exact match only which defaults to 'Equal To' - as for 'Phone' for example you can search by:

Unfortunately there is no way to change that behaviour.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)