Method Community

Customer-Name field in web to lead forms

Last post 02-24-2012 12:00 PM by Anonymous. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-07-2012 3:08 PM

• Sunny
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-07-2012
    • Posts 10

Customer-Name field in web to lead forms

The Customer-Name field in web to lead forms I assume is mandatory because of the way QBOE is set up -

I suppose it can be hidden and not relevant to the customer - is this correct?

Also the docs say to use : Example: '2_FirstName'+' '+'2_LastName' is an example of valid formula for Name field

however using the wizard I get : 'FirstName_Step2'+'LastName_Step2'

what is the difference? and how can I insure a space between first and last name

the output is in one column - is this adjustable at all  for ex.  first name, last name on same row? 2 columns

can a radio button be added to the web to lead form - and then have fields appear based on the radio button push?  if possible, where are the doc examples?

Thanks

• 02-07-2012 3:31 PM In reply to

Re: Customer-Name field in web to lead forms

Hi Sunny-

Sunny:

The Customer-Name field in web to lead forms I assume is mandatory because of the way QBOE is set up -

I suppose it can be hidden and not relevant to the customer - is this correct?

Also the docs say to use : Example: '2_FirstName'+' '+'2_LastName' is an example of valid formula for Name field

however using the wizard I get : 'FirstName_Step2'+'LastName_Step2'

what is the difference? and how can I insure a space between first and last name

In the example we provide you are adding a space between the FirstName and LastName. 

Sunny:
    the output is in one column - is this adjustable at all  for ex.  first name, last name on same row? 2 columns

I'm not sure what you mean, if you are looking to have a comma to seperate them instead of a space try:
     '2_FirstName'+','+'2_LastName'

Sunny:
    can a radio button be added to the web to lead form - and then have fields appear based on the radio button push?  if possible, where are the doc examples?

You could probably use a radio button but we don't support the use of those in the web forms at the moment, I would suggest using a drop down instead.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 02-07-2012 4:07 PM In reply to

• Sunny
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-07-2012
    • Posts 10

i assume 2_Firstname is the same as FirstName_Step2 then

how come the wizard creates it that way - can the wizard create the space between the names or I just have to know the code?

in the sample of what your customers will see when they use your form the information is one column - can they be adjusted to 2 columns

• 02-22-2012 1:12 PM In reply to

Hi Sunny, 

Sunny:
    i assume 2_Firstname is the same as FirstName_Step2 then

The assumption you made here is correct and the code will be automatically created for you. 

Sunny:
    in the sample of what your customers will see when they use your form the information is one column - can they be adjusted to 2 columns

In Step 7 of 9, you can certainly adjust the output to be in two columns: 

1. Hightlight the field that you want to place in the second column, and right click and select "Insert Column to the Right". 
    2. That will create another column to place information in. 
    3. Hightlight the field that you want to place in the second column and press CTRL+C.
    4. After you place your curser in the second field, press CTRL+V and that will place that piece of intormation in that column. 

I hope that this helps. 

Ronen

• 02-22-2012 2:02 PM In reply to

• Sunny
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-07-2012
    • Posts 10

So I went Customize - Integration Tools - Web to lead Forms -

my Step 7 of 9 is Internal Email alert - are we talking about the same thing?

We have 2 types of customers - a private individual and the corporate customer who is a client on behalf of their company

For the corporate customer we normally want to know their position in the company and also the company name  - for the private individual this info is unnecessary - what is the best way to handle this variable-  Is it handled through the web to lead form or otherwise?

Thanks

Sunny

• 02-22-2012 2:13 PM In reply to

Hi Sunny, 

I am talking about the exact same step that you are referring to. Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Ronen

• 02-22-2012 2:29 PM In reply to

• Sunny
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-07-2012
    • Posts 10

So - this is an email notification template

I am asking about when the customer inputs info into the web to lead form -

currently it is one column

First Name

Last Name

etc.

can it be formatted to

First Name ___________    Last Name __________

etc..

• 02-24-2012 12:00 PM In reply to

Hi Sunny, 

Sunny:

We have 2 types of customers - a private individual and the corporate customer who is a client on behalf of their company

For the corporate customer we normally want to know their position in the company and also the company name  - for the private individual this info is unnecessary - what is the best way to handle this variable-  Is it handled through the web to lead form or otherwise?

It is handled through the standard web to lead form and you can also add to the customer table a text type field called "Position"`in addition to the company name field that is already standard in that table. 

After you add in that field, you can add that field to a copy of the New Lead screen as well as in Step 2 of 9: Customer Information from the list of available fields when you are creating the standard web to lead form.

In regards to your additional comment on this post, in Step 7 of 9: Internal E-mail Alert, you can add as many columns as you like.

For your requirement of First Name_________ and Last Name_________, in the current "Contact" row that you see there, you can highlight FirstName_Step2 LastName_Step2, right click, and select "Insert Column to the Right"`as many times as you like. In those new columns, you can type in "First Name" in one column, and place FirstName_Step2 in the second column. You can do the exact same thing for LastName_Step2. 

I hope this helps. 

Ronen

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)