Method Community

Customizing Screen Issue - Go To Link no longer working on other screen

Last post 03-12-2012 8:24 AM by Lorin. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-07-2012 10:29 AM

• Lorin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2012
    • Posts 7

Customizing Screen Issue - Go To Link no longer working on other screen

I recently added some new fields and tables and wanted to add those fields to the Edit Lead, New Customer, and New Lead Screens. I copied the screens, added the fields and now when I go to my new screen called "Lead List" and click on the Go to Link I get an error message that states:

Could not run the Go To Tab Link comman as there was a problem locating the Tab Link "Edit Lead"/ This Tab Link may have been deleted or if you copied the original Screen from another account, you may also need to copy the Screen this Tab Link "Edit Lead" belongs to as well.

Action Sequence Order:10

I did not copy it from another account. I simply copied the Lead List and Edit Lead Screens from the exisiting Method Screens and added the new fields. I think that there is an issue with my GoTo Link on the Lead List Screen however, it does not reference the Edit Lead Screen as part of the steps. 

When I go to action 10 in the GO To link on the Lead List screen, the details are:

Tab Link: (nothing)

The tab link screen: Has a specified Active Record ID

Specify Record Id: Value from screen

Contacts: Entity RecordID

CLose any Popup WIndows open on linked screen is checked.

None of the steps seem to reference the Edit Lead Screen which is the screen that I can't seem to get to using the Go To Link.

I need to know how to configurd the Go TO link so that is works properly from the Lead List Screen. Please advise.

• 03-07-2012 12:01 PM In reply to

Re: Customizing Screen Issue - Go To Link no longer working on other screen

I have a very similar issue with copying the Cases screen and now when I go to the cases screen I also get an error with a Sequence Order. 

Not trying to hi-jack your thread but I am interested in finding out how to fix this particular issue. 

I was told to delete the copied screens and that would fix the original screens but this did not work for  me. You might want to try it....

• 03-07-2012 2:41 PM In reply to

• Lorin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2012
    • Posts 7

I have already tried deleting all the screens that I made. The error was still there when I reverted back to the original screens. 

• 03-08-2012 11:30 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi Lorin,

When you made a copy of the edit lead screen, did you select the option to Replace links to an existing screen: or did you select to Add a Tab Link?

if you selected the option to Replace links to an existing screen:, make sure that when you go to Customize>Tab, that when you cick on the Edit Tab Links... beside the Leads tab, that the tab link is associated to the screen CRM_EditLead and not the new screen name.

In the option to Add a Tab Link? it gave you the option to select the Tab that will hold the tab link and the Tab Link caption for that tab link.

In the new copy of the screen CRM_LeadList, make sure that when you select the Tab Link dropdown for the action Go To Tab Link, you are able to locate the tab link. For the above scenario, the format of the tab linking is the following :(Tab Name)>>(Tab Link Name).

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

• 03-08-2012 11:47 AM In reply to

• Lorin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2012
    • Posts 7

Thanks so much Ronen. While I was waiting for a response from the forum, I decided to delete all the screens that I made so that I could start at the begining again. So I deleted my EditLead, NewLead and LeadList screens. I figured by doing that it would all revert back to where I started. I have gone into Customize>Tabs and have set all the Tab Links back to the old screens for Leads. However, I am still gettting an error message when I go to Leads>LeadList and click on either GoTo or +New Lead. The error message is:

Could not run the 'Go To Tab Link' command, as there was a problem locating the Tab Link 'New Lead'. This Tab Link may have been deleted, or if you copied the original Screen from another account, you may also need to copy the Screen this Tab Link 'New Lead' belongs to as well.

Additional Information

Action Sequence Order:1

I can't see how their could be an error on the page since it is reading from all Method created screens. I am not using any of my copied screens anymore since they have been deleted. And since I can't edit the Method screens, I am stuck now. Suggestions?

Thanks so much!

• 03-08-2012 12:21 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi Lorin,

You need to make sure that the screen that the tab link Leads and Contacts List is attached to is CRM_LeadList. You can again find this out by going to Customize>Tabs, click on the Edit Tab Links... beside the Leads tab.

I hope this helps.

Ronen

• 03-08-2012 12:28 PM In reply to

• Lorin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2012
    • Posts 7

Answer

Yup, it does. Actually it is the CRMQBO_LeadList because I don't have a CRM_LeadList.

• 03-12-2012 8:24 AM In reply to

• Lorin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2012
    • Posts 7

Ronen, thanks for all your help. After messing up a bunch of screens, I have learned that a novice like me should not replace any Method screens. Instead I will create or copy screens and make a Tab link for them instead of Replacing. That way I do not remove any of the Method screens. Perhaps as I work with the system more, I will understand the relationship of the screens better.

Once again, thanks Ronen and Val!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)