Method Community

Email Integration

Last post 09-16-2009 11:42 AM by Michele. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-27-2009 4:34 PM

• tonyd
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-27-2009
    • Statesville, NC
    • Posts 7

Email Integration

Will there be a tab for email integration or outlook integration ?  It would be nice to be able to check your email with the same program.   

Tony DAlessandro
    DalaCasa Landscaping and Designs L.L.C.
    (P) 704-248-6294 x100
    (F) 704-248-6303
    www.dalacasa.com
  • 05-28-2009 2:48 PM In reply to

Re: Email Integration

Hi Tony,

Currently you have the ability to send an e-mail from your outlook to Method by using the Method API integration tool. All you need to do is to check the User's settings and ensure that you allow the User to connect to Method API in step 5. Then you install the following: http://www.methodintegration.com/documentation/MethodCRMAddinSetup.zip Once this is completed, you will see two new  buttons added to your outlook 'Add to MethodCRM' and 'Setup Preferences for Outlook'.  Click on the Setup Preferences and enter your Method Account Settings under 'Method Account Settings' just as you would when you log on to Method. Once this is completed you are ready to use this feature, simply select an e-mail then click on the 'Add to MethodCRM'.  It is a great feature that saves so much time.  A blog will be posted on this very shortly. Thanks for inquiring and using our forum!

• 06-08-2009 3:33 PM In reply to

• jnjewlz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-04-2009
    • Florida
    • Posts 1

Hello Amanda,

Is this still the link to the "latest and greatest" version of the Outlook addon?

www.MoriahCorp.com
  • 06-08-2009 3:42 PM In reply to

Are there any plans in the works to provide email integration for MAC users via Address Book and Mail or Microsoft Entourage?

• 06-08-2009 3:45 PM In reply to

• 06-09-2009 9:09 AM In reply to

Randall,

We don’t have any immediate plans to provide email integration for MAC users via Address Book and Mail or Microsoft Entourage.

• 09-01-2009 1:24 PM In reply to

Amanda

I installed the add-on but can't find the new buttons?  Can you tell me what I am missing.

Thanks  Michele

• 09-01-2009 2:03 PM In reply to

Hi Michele,

In Outlook, try going to View > Toolbars and ensure MethodCRM has a checkmark. Let me know if you then able to see the "Add to MethodCRM" option on your toolbar. Hope this helps.

• 09-01-2009 2:37 PM In reply to

Amanda

There is no MethodCRM under view toolbars.  I have repaired, removed and reinstalled.  Also went to windows update and updated my operating system.  Still no buttons or MethodCRM under the view toolbars option.

I am also getting some errors about a certificate error everytime I click on the forum link.

I may try it on my other computer.

Michele

• 09-01-2009 4:02 PM In reply to

Amanda,

Same problem on my laptop, including the error messages about the certificate.

No MethodCRM tool bar.  PC is XP and laptop is Vista.  Both have Outlook 2003.

Michele

• 09-02-2009 4:53 PM In reply to

There appears to be a toolbar conflict that is causing this. You can try removing some toolbars and re-installing the Outlook Add On. 

• 09-04-2009 7:50 AM In reply to

Hi Amanda,

I did have the Avery label tool bar installed in Outlook on my laptop.  I removed it and reinstalled without success.  Laptop is Vista.  My PC, XP,does not have any extra toolbars.  Not able to get the MethodCRM toolbar to install there either.

Any other thoughts?

Michele

• 09-04-2009 9:24 AM In reply to

Hi Michele,

At this point it can be either outlook itself or the toolbars that are preventing you from seeing the Method CRM Add On.  You can try un-installing and re-installing outlook to see if that works. Another option is to maybe try googling how to resolve toolbar conflicts and see if that provides you a solution that works.  I remember you had quite a few toolbars so sometimes they overlap and prevent you from seeing other ones.

• 09-05-2009 10:06 AM In reply to

Amanda,

Since I have tried several add-ins etc over the past couple years, per your suggestion, I reinstalled Outlook on my PC.   The result was a bit messy.  The new install disconnected me from my .pst file so I initially lost my data.  Got that back, although now it shows up in a seperate folder.  Still no Method buttons. 

I really want to get this working so I did a bit more investigation. Found that the Method add-in procedure unpacks the  COM dlls and puts them in a directory but does not install them into Outlook.   Here are the steps I followed.

Looked at Oulooks HELP 'system' to find the addin was there but installed = NO

Looked at Outlook HELP installing COM addins.  Summary of steps.  Tools-Options-Advanced Options-Addins Available-Add-(select the Method add-in shown)  This directs you to find the add-in in a directory but I could not find.

Back to the operating system to change my file setting to show hidden system files, then searched to find the method integration dlls. 

Went back into the Outlook Advanced options.  This time I can see the files.  Chose the Office.dll but got an error message that it is not a valid Outlook add in. Tried some of the other .dll files in the directory but none was 'valid'.

I will forward you all my screen shots. 

Michele

• 09-06-2009 12:09 PM In reply to

Further investigation...  Found that the installer unpacked the files to the directory.  Documents_and_settings\office_manager\local_settings\Applications_Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook_Add-on_for_MethodIntegration.  ( I have several users on this PC but am currently using Office Manager)

Several *.dlls and MethodCRMAddin.exe in the directory.  Clicked on MethodCRMAddin.exe and it produces a dialog box where I can enter my Method company account and sign in credentials, which it accepted and returned a second "input" dialog box.

Back to Outlook to try to install.  Went to Tools-Options-Other-Advanced options.  Clicked the Com Addin button.  Selected the Outlook Addin for Method Integration.  Takes me to a dialog box that lets me browse for the add in (exe or dll?)  The default directory is Addins which is empty so I browse to the directory where the installer had unpacked its file and selected MethodCRMAddin.exe.  Outlook returned the error ... Is not a valid office add in.

Please advise.

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >