"August" version will be available later today
The following updates are now available on the staging site. You can access the August version by clicking "Switch to the August version" when you sign into Method.
- Big Google Mapping update:
- We are now using Google Maps API v3.8. Using the latest Google Maps API, we can now use HTTPs connections, making mapping more secure, and also removing security warnings when moving from Method to the Map in Internet Explorer.
- We have improved the algorithms that are used to calculate routes. The previous limit for optimizing routes was 26 stops. The limit is now 100 stops!
- Improved interface and button styling.
- We now give you icons to grow/shrink the map. Very useful when trying to visualize the route with a lot of stops.
- No more need for minimum accuracy settings.
- We now have a progress bar for optimizing the map - in case the number of stops makes it take a long time.
- Multi-tenancy for QuickBooks Online users - franchises and companies that need more than one QuickBooks Online account to sync to the same Method account can now finally take advantage of the multi-tenancy features we had previously made available for QuickBooks Desktop users.
- New appearance for Method tabs, to have smoother corners and gradient.
- Added the Google Gadget link under Customize > Integration Tools.
- Fix: Yes/No comparisons - in the case of Start Conditional Statement and other actions where there two Yes/No fields are compared to see if they are the same, the comparison would be a numeric comparison instead of a Yes/No comparison if the first value being compared was "0" or "1".
- Fix: Mobile search box - if you were on a mobile phone and searched in a grid header, clicking "Go" in your browser caused a server error, rather than running the search.
- Fix: The Default Resource setting for the calendar was being ignored in some situations.
- Fix: Character Function "Get Right" was not showing the previously saved values when re-opening.
While studying at Queen's School of Business in 1999, Paul founded Alocet Incorporated, developing 'QXpress', which later became the top rated field service scheduling add-on for QuickBooks.
Alocet Incorporated later went on to create Method Integration - an innovative small business management platform that allows users to create their own web apps for QuickBooks.