The following App updates are now live for users of Method.
We would like our Method:Donor trial customers, staff and partners to be able to see the magic of Donor Pages within minutes of signing up - without having to setup a payment gateway.
With Demo mode, which is "on" by default for new accounts, anyone can experience Donor Pages without first setting up payment gateway. It will do the full process - creating new donor, donation receipt, send emails, setup followup reminders/activities and send an internal notification - without actually processing the payment!
It can be turned on by going to the Accounting Setup screen of Donor Pages Setup area. Check "Experience this Donor Page without processing payments."
It will also place a "yellow notification box" on the "Donate Now" screen to notify anyone trying the screen that the payment won't be processed. The Donation (Sales Receipt) is saved with a special note in the Memo field making clear that this wasn't an actual donation, making it easy for you to identify test donations and deleting them from the Donations app. Once you are ready to accept payments: just setup the gateway, uncheck this box, share your "Donate Now" page far and wide... you're ready to go!
Happy Demoing & Trialing Donor Pages!
Some more updates:
Donor Pages App
- "Save & Next" is now the primary button on setup screens. Screens will now be closed automatically but will remain accessible from back.
- With yesterday's Method release, "Deposit To Account" can now be set from Payment Gateway Preferences. Hence, it's been now removed from the accounting setup screen. For those that are already using that field, be sure to update your payment gateway with the correct Deposit to Account.
- To simplify the Accounting setup screen, the Item & Program grids won't show up by default or when empty. Item & Class (Program) grids now automatically refresh as well.
- Simplified the Activity/Email Notification screen to make "Thank You Email Template" editing optional (recommended). It only shows up by default if there is a missing field (typically, From Email)
- Consistent comment on the Edit Opportunity screen (Thank you Mahlon for flagging this) (Ticket AS-908)
- Edit Opportunity screen now has an app ribbon from the Sales Orders (Thank you Mahlon & Fran for raising this) (Ticket AS-958)
Sales Receipts App
- Automatically update the sales receipt total on screen when an item is added/removed (Ticket AS-985)
- Correct name is placed in the payment record (Ticket AS-919)
Please keep your feedback coming!