- QBD = QuickBooks Desktop
- QBO = QuickBooks Online
- New - the entire layout of the activity screen has been redesigned to provide better workflow while keeping existing functionality. Some of these changes include the following: (QBD)
New - buttons have been place at the top and the bottom of the screen. This allows you to quickly write a comment and close the activity without having to scroll to the bottom of the page. Incase you were wondering, both sets of buttons do exactly the same thing. (QBD)
New - contact field section that use to appear all the time will now only show when a contact is selected from the dropdown list. In addition to this, only fields that have information entered for the contact will appear. For example, if a contact does not have a sales rep assigned, it will not show the sales rep field. (QBD)
- the “comments” field is now located at the top of the screen. This allows for quick updates for the common task on this screen.
- the “schedule a follow-up” has been moved to the left side of the screen along with all other common activity tasks. The contact info and additional sections show on the right side of the screen.
- Fields that are not commonly needed such as data modified, have now been moved to a new “additional info” section which can be shown or hidden.
New - you can now set preference for activity type, status, priority, follow-up days based on individual users. Take a look at the changes under the “My CRM Preferences” screen in today’s release note. (QBD)
New - in the “recent history” section, all activities, cases and opportunities can now be opened by clicking on the date or details columns. (QBD)
New - auto-follow-ups are now triggered when the screen loads. Okay, so what does this mean? In the past, if you had an auto-follow-up assigned to an activity type, the “schedule a follow-up” would get selected automatically and automatically load the default values. Now when you open an existing activity, if the “type” has an auto-follow-up, it will also trigger those default values. (QBD)
Improved - the “type” and “follow-up type” dropdowns now only show active types. (QBD)
Improved - the “contact details” and “lead/customer/vendor/employee” buttons in the contact details section now have the word “edit” next to the button. This will hopefully make it easier to see that these buttons are clickable. (QBD)
My CRM Preferences
- New - a new section has been added specific to preference related to the activities tab. You can now set preferences for how new activities load for within the activities tab. The best part is, these are specific to each user so everyone can change this without customizing the screen. (QBD)